Hair maestro (and Redken Global Creative Director) Guido Palau created the sleek low ponytail with a deep side part for Dior’s Spring 2018 Haute Couture runway show. Although ponytails are a fairly simple hairstyle, getting the hair sleek requires a certain skill – or at the very least, great products. To try the look for yourself at home, Guido recommends the following steps:
- Prep your hair in the shower with a glossing shampoo. (Redken recommends the Glow Dry Gloss shampoo & coordinating detangling conditioner)
- Create a deep side part using a fine-toothed comb
- Apply a heat protectant to your hair (Redken recommends the Satinwear 04 Smoothing Blow-Dry Lotion)
- Blow out your hair in sections using a round brush. Point the dryer downward at the crown in order to keep your hairline frizz free.
- Once your hair is fully dry, use a boar-bristle brush to shape and smooth your hair into a low ponytail.
- After securing the ponytail with an elastic, cover the elastic with a strand of hair from underneath the ponytail and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Finish with a medium hold hairspray to clean up any flyaways around the hairline. (Redken recommends the Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray)